Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Story

I went to Colombia for the first time in the summer of 2010.  I spent 3 months in Bogotá working for the Colombian Olympic Committee as a chiropractor for their athletes and staff.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  I returned to the US in August and have spent the last year trying to figure out a way to return to Colombia...permanently.  Not a day has passed since I left Colombia that I haven't thought about the cities, the culture, and the people of that great country.
Currently I am a chiropractor in Ames, Iowa and I own the office that I work at.  I love Ames, home of Iowa State University (Go Cyclones!) and the family and friends that I have here.  I love being a chiropractor here and helping my patients get past whatever condition they are suffering from.  I love golfing at Veenker with my brother-in-law and being able to see my little niece Ellsey whenever I want.
But there is just something about Colombia that is pulling me back...and pulling hard!

1 comment:

  1. WoW! Hoy mismo te acabo de descubrir en youtube.. y por eso he buscado tu blog para opinar. Me ha impresionado mucho como una persona puede tener tanto amor hacia un país que no es el suyo. Yo soy colombiana y me alegro mucho ver como alguien como tu ama tanto como yo a mi país. Eres de las pocas personas extranjeras que dicen cosas tan bonitas de colombia. Espero que disfrutes cada viaje a colombia y espero que seas feliz, besos!

    ReplyDelete